A dolphin cruise with us is the essential trip for both the aquatic enthusiast and the fun-seeking vacationer! Come look for dolphins in Virginia Beach!
13-Hour Pelagic Wildlife Exploration
Offshore Trip: Whales, Dolphins, Seabirds & More!
- Adult Ages 12+
Discover Virginia’s Pelagic Wildlife!
Experience the diversity the offshore waters off of the Mid-Atlantic have to offer as we head to the deep for our latest exploration! Norfolk Canyon, about 70 miles offshore, is a unique biological community teeming with wildlife. Join us as we head out to view the marine life that calls this Mid-Atlantic Canyon home. While we explore, we will be collecting data about the species we observe and their behaviors with researchers on board.
Our trip course will vary based upon current sightings but may include various species of whales (fin whale, sperm whale, & beaked whales), dolphins (Risso’s dolphins, pilot whales, common dolphins, Atlantic spotted dolphins), sea turtles (loggerhead & leatherback), and pelagic seabirds (shearwaters, petrels, & terns).
- The duration of the trip may vary dependent upon conditions and sightings. Allow for flexibility around the anticipated return time and prepare appropriately.
- Dress for the weather! It will be slightly cooler out on the water, and conditions will change throughout the trip. Layers and shoes with traction are recommended. Trips may be cancelled due to high winds creating unfavorable boating conditions, but will be conducted when it is raining.
- Binoculars and telephoto lenses are encouraged.
- Departure is from Rudee Inlet at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center. Parking is free while you are on the trip!
- All guests should check-in at the boat by 30 minutes prior to trip departure. Please allow time for parking and for loading.
- The vessel will have a variety of food and beverages available for purchase. As this is an extended trip, you may bring food and non-alcoholic drinks on board. There is a microwave you may use on the boat.