Ready to gain field experience in marine biology? Intern with us!
Applications for summer 2023 accepted through April 15.
Work directly with naturalists/volunteers on dolphin watching trips aboard one of our fleet’s multiple vessels. Learn more about marine life while getting valuable hands-on experience in data collection, research, education, and public interaction.
This is an unpaid seasonal position on a volunteer basis. There is potential for advancement as a part time crew member/fill-in. A background in marine science or education is preferred but not required.
- Guest interaction: be accessible for questions and communicate regularly with passengers
- Education: circulating with permitted biofacts (ex: bottlenose dolphin skull, sperm whale tooth, etc.) or species collected at the dock (ex: mud snails, sea squirts, etc.), conducting activities as assigned, and incorporating conservation initiatives
- Data collection: gather data using photo identification on marine mammals
- Daily tasks: cleanup and other duties around the boat as needed
- 20/30 hours per week
- Minimum of one month long with flexibility for longer duration