Experience an unforgettable trip to see incredible views of the world’s largest and most marine mammals: whales! This is a great moment to share with your friends and family members of all ages.
Full-Day Whale Watch
- Adult Ages 12+
Spend a Day Whale Watching in Virginia Beach!
Ready for the ultimate whale adventure? Join our experts for a full day of wildlife watching! During this 9-hour trip, we will search for whales, dolphins, & seabirds that can be found in our coastal and near offshore waters. While we explore, we will be collecting data about the species we observe and their behaviors with researchers on board.
Our trip course will vary based upon current sightings, but may include various species of whales (humpback whales, fin whales, & minke whales), dolphins (bottlenose dolphins & common dolphins) and pelagic seabirds (northern gannets, various species of sea ducks, & razorbills). Our vessels are ADA compliant, equipped with two bathrooms, an extensive snack bar, a climate-controlled indoor cabin with comfortable seating, and have spacious upper decks that offer panoramic views which are prime for viewing wildlife.
- The duration of the trip may vary dependent upon conditions and sightings. Allow for flexibility around the anticipated return time and prepare appropriately.
- Dress for the weather! It will be cooler out on the water, and conditions will change throughout the trip. Layers and shoes with traction are recommended. Trips may be cancelled due to high winds creating unfavorable boating conditions but will be conducted when it is raining.
- Binoculars and telephoto lenses are encouraged.
- Departure is from Rudee Inlet at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center. Parking is free while you are on the trip!
- All guests should have completed check-in at the ticket window no later than 30 minutes prior to trip departure. Please allow time for parking and for loading.
- The vessel will have a variety of food and beverages available for purchase. As this is an extended trip, you may bring food and non-alcoholic drinks on board.
- Departs from Rudee Inlet at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center (Parking is free while you are on the trip)